Followers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Researching Italy

So our next project is to create a trip to a country to "promote cultural understanding".
Today, I researched a little bit about Italy, which is the country I'm planning a trip to. I've been to Italy once, and I'd love to go again, which is why I'm researching how to plan the trip. I love Italy- It is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful countries. The food is wonderful, the cities are beautiful (Venice is my favorite!) and the culture is very interesting.  I discovered you could find out a lot if you Google "Traveling around Italy".
What I ended up planning today was just the itinerary, not much real information yet- I planned that we'd arrive in Venice and then travel down through Italy, visiting the famous cities (Rome, Florence, Naples, etc.) and staying for 1-3 days in each, so that anyone else on the trip can have time to visit the famous monuments and buildings. Even though you could stay a lifetime in Rome or Venice and still be awed by the city, the trip can only be a maximum of 20 days long, so we'd have to cut our visits short.
I think this will be a fun project to do, but we'll have to do it in Pages, which makes me a bit nervous. I'm fairly sure I can make a decent project, but it would be much easier in Powerpoint/Keynote.

1 comment:

  1. I don't hate you for choosing Italy...I just strongly dislike you for it.
    Just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete