Followers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pages

Once again, before I say anything, I must say that I still prefer PC's to Macs.
With that fact in mind, I have to say that Pages seems to be a very good program compared to it's PC counterpart, Microsoft Word (Okay, it kinda hurt to say that. But on the most part, it seems more advanced.) 
Today, after finishing up that rubric on my blog, I experimented with Pages '09, which is the program that our next project will be in. With my limited knowledge of Pages (but knowing that it was similar to Word), I decided to watch the first section of tutorials on the program, and they were pretty good. The first section had "Getting Started with Pages '09", "Working with Sections", "Creating a Table of Contents" (Which I found very helpful for multiple reasons), "Using Outline Mode", and "Using Full-Screen View". The Full-screen was what I found as one of the more interesting functions, since it looks better on a Mac.  (Actually, I’m working on Full-screen Pages to write this right now- the internet just went down. It looks pretty cool.) I'm a novice at this program, but I think I'll watch the rest of the tutorials later, because this is a program on a Mac I think I'd like to master.  I like Pages better than I like most other Mac programs, and I hope to learn more about it so I can use it for some of my essays later on. 


By the way, I'm going to blame everything I said here that's good on the fact that I only have Microsoft Word 2003. The fact that I might like a Mac program is driving me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment