Followers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm Back!

What's up, folks! PaulyD is back from his (extended) vacation and has a whole new project to work on.
Our assignment is to pick a Web 2.0 tool (More on that in a moment) and to experiment with it, then assess its pros, cons, and usability for students and present that information. Web 2.0 tools are tools such as blogs, wikis, and social networks such as Facebook that allows people to share data. It is also referred to as the second generation of the World Wide Web, which some may consider as an "upgraded" version (I.E. mp3.com ---> Napster, Ofoto ----> Flickr, etc.). Most Web 2.0 sites allow users to post their own content next to the site's content - As a matter of fact, Blogger is a Web 2.0 tool!

My project will either be on Wikipedia or Stock.XCHNG as two famous Web 2.0 sites. I was considering using Youtube, but one of my friends grabbed that as his presentation. I chose Wikipedia and Stock XCHNG because I know a little about them already (I didn't really want to do a presentation on a website I knew absolutely nothing about =( ) Plus, they're both famous websites. I like that.

4 comments:

  1. hey, which one did you pick? and did somebody else pick Flickr?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still deciding. Mr. Double U knows who picked who.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both work. Both are also pretty well know, so it would be good to maybe show a few good things and useful things that may not be immediately obvious as to not bore your audience.

    ReplyDelete