Followers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Starting in iPhoto

Let me start off with saying: I've had some pretty bad experiences with iPhoto. A couple years ago in my Technology class, my partner and I worked in iPhoto to make a stop motion animation. We spent forever trying to work iPhoto to our benefit, using over 600 frames, and all that work nearly came to naught as iPhoto took nearly an hour to import all of the pictures and then crashed on us.

With all of that in mind, I still have some hopes for iPhoto. It's a great program, and has a lot of potential- if it doesn't end up killing me again.

(One of) Our assignment(s) today was to to manipulate a stock photo, which I did.

Before:

Japanese gardensOriginal Photo








Photo after going through iPhoto


Schuster, Eva. Japanese gardens . N.d. Stock.xchng - the Leading Free Stock 
     Photography Site. HAAP Media Ltd., 26 Sept. 2010. Web. 25 Oct. 2010. 
     <http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1310535>.

For this assignment, I used nearly all of the iPhoto options: I cropped the picture, rotated it a little bit, enhanced the color, retouched it, added a bright effect and adjusted some of the contrast, definition, and exposure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment