Followers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27, 2010 iPhoto Challenge

Our assignment today was to make a perfect copy of a photo that our teacher showed us. To do this, we went into iPhoto and used the effects and editing tools to change this picture :
Native Dancer  to this picture: 


My version:



 
to this picture:



Pretty close, isn't it? I went into iPhoto and used the edit tool to do this. I enhanced the original photo, and added a Boost Color effect. Then, I went into the "Adjust" function and put the contrast to 30 and saturation to 51. I also put shadows to 25 and de-noise to 10. Then, I zoomed into the photo and used the re-touch function to straighten out the dancer's cheek and necklace.


Kendrick, Jonathan. Native Dancer. N.d. Stock.xchng - the Leading Free Stock 
     
Photography Site. HAAP Media Ltd., 5 Feb. 2007. Web. 27 Oct. 2010.
     <http://www.sxc.hu/photo/713435>.







Similarly: 


Pictures from the Ieyasu Festi To: 

Zemp, Sacha. Pictures from the Ieyasu Festi. N.d. Stock.xchng - the Leading Free 
     Stock Photography Site. HAAP Media Ltd, 4 May 2003. Web. 27 Oct. 2010. 
     <http://www.sxc.hu/photo/19462>.

That's it for today. So far, iPhoto has been pretty good to me, even if it 
 took a little while to figure out the re-touch function. I really do like this
 program (Not that it compares to photoshop or anything), so hopefully
 we'll be working in it a bit more. 

Edit: Sorry, will fix the link on the second picture. I didn't know 
that it would break.

No comments:

Post a Comment